When you set up Google Apps and use the Gmail system you need to update some settings in your cPanel control panel.
- Once you have logged in to cPanel, you need to click the “MX Entry” icon in the “Mail” section.
- Paste the following combinations of Priorities and Destinations and add each one:
- Priority: 1 Destination: ASPMX.L.GOOGLE.COM
- Priority: 5 Destination: ALT1.ASPMX.L.GOOGLE.COM
- Priority: 5 Destination: ALT2.ASPMX.L.GOOGLE.COM
- Priority: 10 Destination: ASPMX2.GOOGLEMAIL.COM
- Priority: 10 Destination: ASPMX3.GOOGLEMAIL.COM
- Finally, delete the original MX record with Priority: 0 and Destination: yourdomain.com.
In order to access your emails through Gmail’s web interface through an easy to remember URL – mail.yourdomain.com – you have to make a change to your DNS entries.
- In cPanel, click the “Advanced DNS Zone Editor” icon in the “Domains” section.
- Delete the existing mail.yourdomain.com CNAME record.
- Create a new record:
- Name: mail.yourdomain.com
- TTL: 14400
- Type: CNAME
- Address: ghs.coogle.com